Thursday, June 19, 2008

It's Down

It's pretty much all down now. There's still a bit we need to do by the stairs, but it's just a matter of time. And muscle flexing.


The place is pretty friggin' huge. The owner keeps coming by because he's doing some work in the back and he always has a big smile (he's not a smiler, mind you) and he can't help but make a comment about how good the place looks. He's my biggest fan, apparently.

About the roof. It's worrying me. It's in bad shape, so we'll probably have to put up so furring, or whatever they call it. Then, I have my sights set on putting up some stamped metal ceilings, only I don't know how I'm going to do it. The cheapest I've found online are 9 bucks for 2 sq ft. That equals a heckuvalot of money for 2000 sq ft of ceiling. Geez. Then I'd have to put them up, or get someone to put them up.


I'm trying to come up with a way to make my own design and then stamp the panels myself. If you or anyone like you knows of a way to do that, do tell.

The next step is to clean up all the stuff. I'm separating out the wood so I can use it to build a stage in the basement. The metal is all going in a pile in the back. Oh yes, I forgot. There were about 40 big metal shelves that we took to the recycling place and made almost 7o bucks. Awesome.

No comments: